Friday, May 23, 2008

My mom's Easter present

This year I was going to mail my mom her Easter present. I brought the gifts home in a paper bag (mistake #1) and I set it down on the chair (mistake #2). This is what the bag looked like within 5 minutes.


Yep, there's Calvin cramming himself into the bag on top of my mom's presents. As you can see, it wasn't a great fit, but that didn't stop him. Nope, he started in on some nest construction. He ripped and shredded to make it just right. It's blurry because it's an action shot. He was in the middle of construction here.
Now this is a cat bed to be proud of. Weeks of work went into this thing. My mom didn't actually end up getting her Easter present until Mother's day- and it was covered in cat hair and had a few stray tooth marks in it. But he's so cute, and he was so happy, I just couldn't steal his bed away from him. And when I did finally move it, he found it and slept on it.
He says if I was really nice, I'd go buy some more bagged presents for him to sleep on.

No comments: